Nurses Seminar at Sea on the Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas Cruise Ship
This event offers
8.0 CE credits
CE accredited by ANCC.
Alzheimer's and Dementia Care Workshop Cruise on Allure of the Seas - a 7 night cruise to the eastern Caribbean
Sponsored by Wilson Shepard Education Associates: Seminar Fee Just $185
The Mission of the National Council of Certified Dementia Professionals is to promote, encourage and enhance the knowledge, skills and practice of all persons who provide care and/or services to Dementia clients by means of requiring excellent standards of education, Dementia specific training and incentives for professional development of those who are dedicated to the ever growing field of Dementia care. Explore the NCCDP and certification requirements here: NCCDP website
The only way to provide successful dementia care is to understand the disease process, the importance of communcation skills and the significance of the feelings behind the dementia related behaviors
Goals and Objectives
- To provide fundamental education on Dementia and Dementia care
- To enhance the quality of life of Dementia patients through educating care providers
- Foster sensitivity and respect for the Dementia client
- To teach communication techniques
- To provide sensitive approaches for assisting patients with activities of daily living
- Have an understanding of Dementia
- Identify common causes of aggressive, repetitive and sundowning behaviors in older adults
- Describe behavioral/care interventions that may be used to prevent, reduce or eliminate difficult care situation
- Describe challenges related to caregiver stress and utilize stress reduction techniques
- Learn alternative activity interventions that are success oriented and failure free.
- Receive certificate of attendance in seminar
Who Should Attend?
- Front line staff, Health care professionals, rehab professionals, PT, OT, Speech, Geriatric Care Managers, Case Managers, Hospice Staff, Nurses, Staff Educators, Nursing assistants, Personal Care Assistants, Home Health Aides, Activity Professionals, Therapeutic Recreation Specialists Social Workers, Administrators, Dietitians, MD, Pharmacists, Clergy and volunteers, Elder Care Attorneys, Home Care Agencies, Adult Foster Care, Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, Ombudsman, Office on Aging, Hospitals
Gear up for an epic expedition onboard the award-winning Allure of the Seas, an Oasis Class Ship, sailing from Florida. Hang ten on the FlowRider surf simulator. Zipline nine decks above the Boardwalk. Catch ahh-inspiring entertainment at the AquaTheater. And enjoy character breakfasts and other DreamWorks Experiences. All while exploring the most stunning shores in the Caribbean. This is not the Caribbean. This is the Royal Caribbean.
Interested In Attending This Event?
Additional Registration Information:
Registration for seminar required for CE credit.
Registration for cruise is separate and link imbedded in announcement.